Good Vibrations - using your vibration platform
One of the lesser-known pieces of gym equipment, vibration platforms have really hit the market as more fitness fanatics have moved their gym to their own homes. If you’re looking for something new to enhance your home gym experience, or some equipment for your own establishment, Everfit’s range of vibration platforms is just what you need!
But, you may be asking…what is that?
What is a vibration machine?
A vibration machine is a platform that force your muscles to rapidly relax and contract by using whole-body vibrations. This is said to boost the effectiveness of your workout routine by promoting blood flow, increased bone density, better balance, and faster weight loss. These machines are relatively small (in comparison to a full treadmill, at least!) and can now be found at most gyms.
Pros and Cons?
Vibration machines have a wide range of potential benefits:
- Bigger, better, faster, stronger muscles: The rapid contraction and relaxation means your muscles are working out at max capacity, so you’ll get the most out of your workout.
- Increased bone density: Several studies have shown an improvement in the bone density of participants using whole body vibration exercises, including in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis.
- Increased weight loss: Other studies have shown that whole body vibration leads to a significant amount of fat loss (though not significant changes to body fat percentage).
- Better balance: As well as strengthening muscles, it can strengthen your sense of balance, particularly if you’re older.
However, there are certainly still some cons:
- While research has shown some benefits, there still needs to be much more research to show the extent of those benefits. It’s generally accepted there are some curative benefits, but it shouldn’t be used in place of other treatments.
- Vibration machines are generally safe, though people who are high fall risk should avoid standing on them, as well as people who use pacemakers or other medical devices.
If you have any doubts about using a vibration machine, consult your doctor!
How does it work?
Whole body vibration activates your stretch reflex – this is an automatic protective mechanism where receptors called muscle spindles tell your nervous system your muscle is stretched, and your nervous system tells the muscle to contract to avoid tissue damage. Training the stretch reflex helps with flexibility, power and prevention of injury, and just 15 minutes of simple exercises on a platform can feel like half an hour of strenuous activity.
How do you use one?
The best way to use a vibration machine is not so different from your regular routine. You might do exercises like squats or planks while standing/lying on the platform. You might put your hands or feet on it while doing push-ups or crunches. You might also use it in place of an aerobic stepper. The possibilities are endless!
If you’re in the market for a vibration machine, we’ve got just the thing to keep you going! Our machines feature a powerful dual-belt motor designed to help burn calories fast. We also feature:
- 99 speed levels
- An anti-slip surface
- Time and speed display
- An inbuilt fuse for motor protection
- An SAA approved plug
- 180kg weight capacity
- Additional resistance bands and a remote control
Shake it off with the Everfit Vibration Platform and watch as your workouts deliver twice the results in half the time! Buy now from our website or one of our trusted online retail partners and get fast shipping all across Australia!